Hertford Youth Hockey has been running for over 10 years and we have come a long way over such a short period of time.
We have three aims:
- we want to get as many children having fun playing hockey, and our busy Saturday morning training sessions continue to be really popular;
- we want to produce competitive teams that achieve success. Over the last few years, a number of our age groups have won at County tournaments and progressed to Regional and even National Finals. Some of our achievements are listed below
- U10 girls are currently East of England Regional Champions, and our
- U12 boys went through to the National Finals where they finished 7th.
- U10 Girls won Herts County Tournament and progressed to Regional Finals
- U10 Boys Runners Up in Herts County Tournament and finished 5th at Regional Finals
- U12 Girls won Herts County Tournament and progressed to Regional Finals
- U14 Girls progress through the National Tournament to the Regional Finals
- we want to support the more able players develop their full potential. We have successful in having numerous players training in the County squads and selected to play for the County, and for older juniors playing in the adult teams. including the Men's and Ladies 1st teams.
Training is on Saturday mornings at the Simon Balle astro.
U8's from 8.45am-9.45am;
U10's from 9.45am-10.45am;
U12's from 10.45-11.45am
Midweek Training at Haileybury College
U14's train from 6.15pm - 7.15pm
U16's train from 7.15pm - 8.15pm
We offer the players lots of matches, which take place on Sunday mornings. The players really seem to enjoy the competition and applying what they have learnt in training to the match situation.
If you want to get involved in this thriving and successful Youth hockey section, get in touch! If you are new, then get in touch with us through the contacts on this site. We are particularly interested in boys of all ages giving hockey a try - let us know if you want to give it a go!